Exposure Lights Exposure Maxx-D MK8
Exposure Lights, by Ultimate Sports Engineering Ltd in the UK, has carved itself a niche in the high-power bicycle lights market. They were an early adopter of LED technology and over the years, Exposure has continued to develop the concept at the highest levels. The original MaXx-D light, their top-of-the-range model in 2009, pumped out 960 lumens. The MaXx-D Mk8 in this review puts out a claimed, 2,600 lumens - and it is far more user-friendly. The handlebar-mount lamp offers USB charging, burn times from two to 36 hours, depending upon light output, and the battery and electronics are self-contained in a water-resistant aluminum case. Weight is 305g and
• Purpose: high-performance night riding and competition
• Construction: multiple LED, quick-release handlebar mount, aluminum chassis
• Fits 31.8mm or 25.4mm handlebars
• Power: 2,600 lumens
• Burn time: 2 hours, 15 min at full power, up to 36 hours in economy mode
• Power-saving Reflex mode dims lamp at low speeds
• Ten power levels
• Illuminated LED "fuel gauge"
• Battery: self-contained, USB-port rechargeable
• Weight: 305g.